Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Getting to hear the heartbeat

I've been looking forward to today for a few weeks now. I couldn't wait to hear the heartbeat of our little baby. There are no words to accurately describe the feeling that I had when I got to hear it. Tyler heard it right before I did. Of course, he knew what it was supposed to sound like. I haven't been able to experience that yet. I am so glad that we both got to experience it this time together. I said that it sounded like traffic. Well...it did!! It was amazing!! He said that the baby and I were doing GREAT!! That was a relief to hear. He said if I was still getting good and sick then everything was going well.

He answered all of my questions that I had. Good news. I can drink my Pepsi now. As long as I don't drink a 6-pack a day. Haha. I don't normally do that anyway. I can also eat all the shrimp, fish, and clams that I want. Another relief. I love seafood. All I have to do is make sure that I don't eat it from the ocean. Basically, only farm grown. I don't eat beach fish anyway. My 20th birthday Gulf Shores trip ruined that. I also questioned him about my iron levels because my prenatals don't have iron in them. He said that I would be good for now; that pregnancy causes you to be slightly anemic anyway. But he said we'd check that at a future appointment.

I am overjoyed at this point. I still feel nauseous at this very moment, but he assured me that it would start to pass here in the next few weeks (I sure hope so!!). I have 2 more appointments until we will find out the sex of the baby. Only 8 more weeks!! Then we will start planning the gender reveal party!!

No comments:

Post a Comment